Saturday, September 11, 2010

VALVe SUX ASS

1 « Message by you on Thu, 9th Sep 2010 8:06 pm »
I was VAC Banned, and i don't even know why? I promise you great people at Steam, and Valve, that i did not, repeat, DID NOT have anything to trigger the ban. I was playing Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, and I was fine, this evening, at around 5:30PM EST, and i got off, to play Counter-Strike: Source, but it said i had VAC bans on record. Although however i would like to note that every time i start up a steam game, it tries to update, and that may interfere maybe? But I see no reason for this ban, and feel the need to complain to have this very wrongful ban noticed, and hopefully lifted.
I was reading up on this, and came across a website telling the story of thousands who were mistakenly banned. http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/64897 there i read up, and realized that i was banned in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 as well as all my other Source engine games.
I was wondering if you could please resolve this issue, as i did NOT cheat, or hack in any way shape or form. I promise to also remain faithful to all the rules in the future, if I am unbanned, because i see no reason for me to be banned in the first place.
Please take my letter into consideration, and E-Mail me back at kill3525@gmail.com

Respectful yours, Nestea® (Alex Kotanko, kill3525)
_____________________________________________________
2 « Message by Jacob on Fri, 10th Sep 2010 3:07 pm »
Hello Alex,

Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

Our system indicates that the account has been permanently banned by the Valve Anti-Cheat system (VAC) - Steam Support is unable to lift the ban.

We will not disclose the cheats which were detected, nor will we provide the date and time the infraction took place. VAC has confirmed that the ban on the account was applied legitimately.

This ban applies to a Steam account (regardless of who was using the account at the time the infraction occurred) and any VAC protected games registered under the account at the time of the ban. The use and security of the Steam account is your responsibility.

This ban does not affect third party games that are tied to this account unless otherwise noted. To see which games your VAC ban affects, please launch Steam and go to File > Settings > Account tab > select “Click here for details” under VAC Status.

The account may still be used to play single-player games and to connect to non-secure game servers or LAN games in the games the account has been VAC banned from. Please change your filter settings in the server browser list to show servers which are not VAC-secured (from the Steam main menu go to the "View" option, select "Servers", then "Change Filters", and select "Not secure" in the Anti-Cheat drop-down).

We cannot move game subscriptions from accounts which have been banned by VAC.

If you choose to purchase a new copy of the VAC banned game(s), please create a new Steam account to register the games on. Remove all cheats from your system before you install (if you do not know where the cheats were installed, you may want to consider reformatting the machine and starting over with a new installation of your operating system).

For more information on Valve's policies, please see the Steam Subscriber Agreement and the Rules of Steam Online Conduct:

Steam Subscriber Agreement
http://steampowered.com/index.php?area=subscriber_agreement

Rules of Steam Online Conduct
http://steampowered.com/index.php?area=online_conduct
_____________________________________________________
3 « Message by you on Fri, 10th Sep 2010 4:48 pm »
so I am unable to play VAC servers on just the games in that list, and all others are OK? because I DID NOT CHEAT in Counter-Strike: Source, and am unaware of how this could have been placed upon me. If i could speak to someone to tell me how this could have happened, that would be wonderful, as i did not cheat, and would like to know the date, because I haven't been on steam very often lately, and I want to know if this could have occurred when I was not present on the account.
another question would be that if I were to re-buy the affected games, that the ban would be removed from the new copy, or if its my steam id? I do not hack in any games, and am seriously hurt by the fact that either you are falsely accusing me, or my steam account was hacked while I was away?
no matter what happened, I promise that i did not hack, I swear to god. I don't believe in hacking, and if you could tell me the date the ban occurred, as I was unaware of any hacks going on on my account. I would like to say that this makes me very upset, and offended as I am not a hacker, and someone falsely accused me or was hacked while I was away, if you could send me the date the ban occurred and when the account has been logged in in the past month or so, and the games that were played in that time, so I can check, and tell you the exact times I was on the account, and what has been false. I only remember playing Garry's Mod, and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 ALL summer long... so I cannot understand how this ban could have occurred whatsoever. If i could speak to someone of a higher authority, it would be appreciated. I will not be buying anymore games from steam, and will not take this lightly unless you can see that I did not do this, and that i have better things to do with my time than cheat... you can check my system over anything you want, you will not find any cheats. If you want to do your job right, ban the actual hackers and leave the innocent alone. I was never a hacker under any circumstances, and will prove to be faithful at further times as well.
If you could please let me speak to a higher authority, that would be appreciated.
NOTE: If I did hack, (which i didn't) I would just breathe a sigh of sadness, and move on. But because I do not hack, I will continue to make a big deal out of it.
I will not stop until this issue gets resolved, and I wish to speak to a higher power.

Very angrily yours,
Alex Kotanko.
_____________________________________________________
4 « Message by Jacob on Fri, 10th Sep 2010 6:00 pm »
Hello Alex,

The VAC ban applies to your Steam account not the game itself. You must create a new account and register any new games you have purchased to it.

Please follow these instructions to create a second Steam account:

1) If you are already logged into Steam, click on "Steam" in the upper left, and choose "Change User..."

2) Click the "Create a New Account..." button from the Steam login page and follow the prompts

3) Load the Steam application and go to the main Steam window (the first window which opens after you log in)


Please refer to the Steam Subscriber Agreement and the Rules of Steam Online Conduct if you wish to review our policy regarding this matter.

Steam Subscriber Agreement
http://www.steampowered.com/v/index.php?area=subscriber_agreement

Rules of Steam Online Conduct
http://steampowered.com/v/index.php?area=online_conduct
_____________________________________________________
5 « Message by you on Sat, 11th Sep 2010 12:26 am »
A question, if when I was hacked, this guy got me banned from Counter-Strike: Source, can I join VAC secured servers on GMod? because i need to know if that is possible, because Garry's mod is a really good game that i play all the time, and CS:S is an important pack to have with it, so if I am banned forever due to a hacked account, can I still join any server in Garry's Mod, or is VAC just that fucked up to affect all my other games too? sorry for the language, but if you cant already tell, I'm pissed off because this account meant the word to me, and I'm sorry if you don't understand that. but an answer to my question would be helpful, i guess you could say? I'm doe being nice to you guys, time to be honest, and I hate the whole VAC idea, example, that twelve thousand people "mistakenly" banned in Call of Duty. The VAC system could use some work, and maybe a completely new version, so shit like this doesn't happen anymore. I also suggest some kind of account security, so people like me don't get our accounts hacked, and cheated on and have it blamed on us because "no matter who's on the account, it's our responsibility". I would work on that one, guys. I'm just trying to help, so people don't end up like me, Hacked and Banned, because the account security is as low as a password. Any virus could easily figure out your password and hack your account like that. World of Warcraft has a device, that generates a new password every time you go to log in. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU DO SOMETHING TO PREVENT FUTURE EVENTS LIKE THIS ONE. I am pissed that the account security is that low, i have been hacked into twice now, and the first one was a spam-chat bot, and now I'm banned. THANKS ALOT FOR SUCH GOOD SECURITY, VALVe!!! YOU SUCK! I am just being honest, so you can prevent people ending up sad as I am for your shitty-quality security. I would barely pass it as security, and thanks to your lack of care for your customers, I'm out the money spent on this game, and there goes my perfect VAC status, too. thanks for caring, VALVe, YOU SUCK! again, being honest, because you suck, you all fucking suck, I hate you for your lack of care for account security, after all, like you said before, my account being hacked, while I was away, is my fault, right? WRONG! If I'm away, i rely on just my password, if you cant give me more to be secure, then this is bound to happen. Thanks for the great security, VALVe, YOU FUCKING SUCK! you must understand, that I'm done playing around, I was hacked, you all know it, and there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING that can be done? I would have thought for you to be more flexible, and WILL NO LONGER suggest Steam to my friends, because of the easiness of getting hacked. In hindsight, I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner, like, after the first time i was hacked. THANKS ALOT, VALVe, YOU SUCK! But, what I'm TRYING to get across, is that the security SUCKS, and I don't understand how this can be so shitty. I honestly think, that SOMETHING can be done about this. I am a very honest man, especially when it comes to gaming. I PROMISE YOU, I HAD TO HAVE BEEN HACKED, AS I AM NOT A CHEATER!!!!!! FUCK YOU, IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE ME!!!! I believe that hacks decrease skills, and there is no point to spending $20.00 if your going to hack anyway. the account security is garbage, and I am surprised it has gone unnoticed. Please do something, as I think there is a solution to all this, and something must be able to be worked out here. Please respond ASAP, and please help bring this to a resolution. This is a retarded matter to argue over, and I WILL STAND UP FOR MYSELF!!!! If i was a hacker, I would be expecting this. I WAS NOT READY TO SEE A VAC BAN!!! Please help find a soloution ASAP and respond.

Strongly Pissed off,
Alex.
_____________________________________________________
6 « Message by Jacob on Sat, 11th Sep 2010 1:43 pm »
Hello Alex,

I understand your frustration in this matter; however, our system has confirmed that the ban was applied legitimately. A VAC ban applies to the game(s) regardless of who was using the account at the time.

It does not matter if you let someone use the account, or if the account was being used without your knowledge. It is your responsibility to safeguard your account against such activities.

I am sorry, the VAC ban on the game(s) will not be removed.

Please refer to the Steam Subscriber Agreement and the Rules of Steam Online Conduct if you wish to review our policy regarding this matter.

Steam Subscriber Agreement
http://www.steampowered.com/v/index.php?area=subscriber_agreement

Rules of Steam Online Conduct
http://steampowered.com/v/index.php?area=online_conduct
_____________________________________________________
7 « Message by you on Sat, 11th Sep 2010 4:48 pm »
I ask you this;
how am I to safeguard myself from people who hack others accounts for fun, or a living?
how am I to protect MYSELF from other people, when you give me nothing to protect myself with?
how am I supposed to rely on just a password, and my word, that I was not responsible for this?
how am I to protect myself? HOW?
You people are the one who decide how the program is designed, and how the security is to be set up.
So I am to protect my account, based on what you give me, but what you give me isn't enough, and because you don't provide me with enough security, it's my responsibility that I was hacked.
I am to protect myself against hackers with what YOU people give me, and it's not enough, so it's my fault, it's my responsibility that you don't have good enough security, it's my fault that I was hacked? I didn't ever want this to happen.
You think that I would fight this hard if I did hack? NO! You cant have ANY solution to a problem that I clearly can't protect myself from? If I could have found a better way to protect my account on top of the password, I would have. I can't, however, it's YOUR fault for not having a good enough security program. My account was never safe, and there is nothing I can do to protect myself. YOU however, can upgrade the security of your program, AND find a matter in which we can both agree is suitable to help solve my problem.
There alone, is a long-term solution to protect everyone else, and help solve your problem with me. All I ask is for you guys to hear me out, and help us all, and for once actually HELP your customers, instead of just pissing them off further, and being "unable to help" them.
Please consider something, and get back to me.

Very Angrily,
Alex.
_____________________________________________________
8 « Message by Jacob on Sat, 11th Sep 2010 9:25 pm »
Hello Alex,

Please follow the link below for information:

Title: Account Security Recommendations
Link: http://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=1266-OAFV-8478

If you have any further questions, please let us know.
_____________________________________________________
9 « Message by you on Sat, 11th Sep 2010 10:03 pm »
I'm sorry to say this, but that was of completely useless. I have my email address linked to my account, and i was still hacked. All my friends I either know IRL, or are in my gaming clan for Counter-Strike: Source. These are useless tips, as I have every measure of security available to keep my account safe, and of course, I was still hacked. These tips did not provide me with ANY help whatsoever, and I think you could do better. Please try to do something better, and let me know.

Thanks for nothing,
Alex.
_____________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment